Monday, September 7, 2009

WE ACTUALLY DID IT, she learned to ride a 2-wheeler

Isabel can be awesome in the fact when she wants to do something she can learn anything BUT she is not very "athletic" I guess might be the word. She didn't learn to CRAWL until 9 months old, STAND on her own till 10 months old, didn't walk until 15 months old (and we are still working on that one) Jumping in place might come easy for most but not Isabel took her a long time to get that one too. That is why we love swimming I think it is the perfect sport for her.
Saying all that she has a friend Sera who is VERY athletic and at 4 she learned to ride a 2 wheeler. Isabel at this point was on her bike with training wheels, ummmm lets see maybe about 4 times... but now she wanted to learn. I really did try, but after tears and whining I was not a good teacher. We tried the no pedals on the bike but we needed an incline which I don't have unless you count the driveway that leads to a MAJOR busy street. Adene worked with her in the driveway alot and she was starting to get it a little but not happening totally.
So now it was labor day, Adene invited us over for a BBQ and said bring her bike, Craig (Adene's cousin) will be there, who taught Sera. She lives on a dead end street and LOTS of driveways and hills. Craig was awesome, worked with her for 2 hours but she was not having the pedals back on she was balancing great but no pedals. We took a break, ate and honestly I was just calling it a day. She is only 4 didnt NEED to be on a 2Wheeler and it was the end of the summer when sill she be riding anyway?





I put her on the bike with the pedals told her she had to pedal for me at least once I would hold her and when I did let go Sera yelled see you are doing it and that was it she was loving it after that.


I totally appreciate all the work that was put into helping her from EVERYONE. Teaching Isabel things is a tough job she has a lot of self doubt and the "I can'ts" and tears. I do push her when I truly know it is something she CAN do. EXAMPLE I never pushed her to play TEE BALL....lol
So proud of her and she is very proud of herself which is so important!!

No comments: