Saturday, September 26, 2009

Breakfast at Belmont Race Track



Mom told me about having breakfast at the race track so being the horse lover Isabel is, last minute we decided to go this morning. It was really nice, you sat inside eating breakfast while watching the jockeys warm up the horses, it was fun to watch. Not a 5 star place to eat but very cute and worth it.





After eating I think it was about 8:30 we went outside to an area to meet BEANIE. They call her a "pony" but I found out that any horse on the track not racing is called a pony. Beanies owner came out to talk to use about all the different gear the jockeys wear, saddles etc. and all about the horses. This is also where we found out today was the last day until April for breakfast and tours!!




I think mom was more excited to pet Beanie then Isabel...lol

After that we went on a tram ride throughout all of Belmont Stables. It was HUGE I was very impressed at the "behind the scenes" They gaves us alot of information that was actually very interesting.




Last we got a lesson on how the starting gates work, and how sometimes a horse gets disqaulified and has to go back to lesson 1... Then the kids got to go into them and when he hit the buttom, bell rang and doors popped open it was priceless to see her face!




It was a great morning I totally recommend it to everyone we were out of there by 9:30 plenty of time for dancing school!

No comments: